- The production of an accelerator magnet based on permanent magnet is often cheaper than a resistive magnet solution.
- Permanent magnets do not require power convertors and external network such as electrical cabling and demineralized water supply.
- The operation of the magnet does not require any electricity.
- Designs can be very compact.
- Magnets can be easily integrated in vacuum vessels assemblies.
Rapidity to implement a permanent magnet solution
What rare earth magnetic materials are used on permanent magnet accelerator?
Sm2Co17 magnets and Nd2Fe14B magnets are usually used for accelerator devices. Because Sm2Co17 is high resistance to radiation damage and NdFeB is high remnant magnetization. You can find other reasons as below:
- High specific energy product material
- Small temperature coefficient: -0.035%/°C – smco
- High remanence and coercivity
- Good radiation resistance – smco
- High Intrinsic coercivity
- Acceptable corrosion stability even without protective coating – smco
These powerful magnets are the key to developing better high-energy particle accelerators. China Magnets Source Material Limited is specializing in the production of top-quality permanent magnets for accelerators. Recently, we have successfully provided accelerator magnets to CERN. If you need neodymium and samarium cobalt magnets china, please do not hesitate to type your message here.